Tuesday, November 10, 2009

You Be Illin'

Its been a year ago this month since I got really, really sick. I know this because the night before I came down with the worst case of food poisoning I have ever have, I went to a midnight screening of the Quantum of Solace with Adam. Adam is obsessed with anything and everything James Bond. When I first met him in the dark ages of AIM chatting, his screen name was bndadm. Which was an abbreviated form of, "Bond Adam." But I thought it was a weird form of the name,"Brandon." So for the first six months of chatting with the man I WOULD EVENTUALLY MARRY, I couldn't even remember his first name.

The movie was OK, Daniel Craig was hot as always, but it definitely didn't live up to the typical Bond film in our oh so humble opinion. I had gotten a soft pretzel for a snack that night, and the next morning I kicked off the lovely Throwing Up Extravaganza of 2008 (Great Imagery I know). DAMN YOU PRETZEL. Adam even had to come home from work, just to take the dog for her morning walk, because I couldn't even walk a few feet. Coincidentally, a few months earlier we had gone to a different midnight movie, and Adam had woken up sick. Apparently, midnight movies only make us tired, cranky, and sick. So at the ripe old ages of 23 and 25, we have decided WE ARE TOO OLD TO GO TO MIDNIGHT MOVIES. The girl who used to stay up until 5 a.m. every night, that lives inside me, is ashamed.

I mused last week that it had been forever since I had gotten sick, and then on Friday morning I woke up with a sinus infection (I so jinxed myself). I felt like there was an Elephant inside my head trying to escape. So that morning I had a conversation with myself that went like this, "Dear Body, I have no time to be sick. K, Thanks." But my body wasn't listening, and the truth is I probably got sick because I have been running myself ragged. I'm feeling a little bit better today, but if I stand too long I still get really fatigued. Honestly, I want nothing more but to have enough energy to get up and clean the bathroom. I'm not even kidding.

2 comments:

  1. Get well soon! You must be feeling lousy....I can't imagine being so sick you are wishing you had the energy to clean the bathroom! The sinus infection must be ravaging your brain!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel you-- i am so burning the candle at both ends, and really need to get some sleep, something, just need a RECHARGE. grrr, damn school does it every time doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I always read my comments. But sometimes I make a mental note to go comment back on your blog, and then forget to (Even if I’m an avid read of your blog, whoops). Since I'm so bad about this, I will mostly reply to comments in my comment section, so please check back! If you have something pressing to talk to me about you can e-mail me at brittanyervin86@yahoo.com.
Britt

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design