1. I worked at Target during the summers while I was in college. Now when I walk into any kind of store, I have to fight back the urge to zone (this is pulling merchandise to the front of the shelf, and making sure the label is properly showing) the store. Retail seeps into your brain.
2. I am the thumb wrestling champion of the world. I have never lost a thumb wrestling game to anyone ever. Believe me I constantly have to defend my title.
3. I like to plan pretend vacations to foreign countries that I currently can’t afford to visit. I plan the sites I will see, the places I will eat, and the hotels where I will stay. I’m currently learning about Amsterdam.
4. I really don’t understand the appeal of American Idol and I hate the Napoleon Dynamite movie with a white hot passion.
5. I always have been a little bit of a goody goody, because I saw the path alcohol & drugs led my brother down. I really didn’t start drinking till I was 20. I’ve never smoked pot. But I did steal my mother’s car for a joyride when I didn’t have a license, and totaled it.
6. I met my husband online 9 years ago. I never imagined we would chat more than a few times, so I thought I would have a little fun & lied to him about a lot of things including my name & age. I confessed the truth to him two years later, knowing that would be the end of our friendship, but he forgave me no questions asked. I kind of like him.
7. I love to read auto-biographies & biographies about everyone (celebrities, politicians, royalty, or even everyday people). I also watch a ton of documentaries and E! Hollywood True Stories. I think truth is always stranger & more interesting than fiction. I hope one day I will have a story of my own worth telling, or maybe I already do.
8. The two things I miss the most about living in Alabama are how beautiful the cotton fields are when they are in full bloom, and waking up to fog so thick you can’t see your hand in front of your face.
9. I’m obsessed with cleaning out my ears; sometimes I use q-tips three times a day. I do not heed the warnings on the q-tip box either; I get all up in my canal’s grill.
10. I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It will probably be really difficult for me to get pregnant. The doctor told me I should probably start trying to have a baby a full two years before I actually want to get pregnant. However I am not discouraged by this, and I will happily adopt when the time comes.
365 days ago (give or take):
As far as I knew Adam didn’t even know that women were able to fart. Maybe to him women are angels that never pass gas and are constant beings of sunshine and light. I mean I am a being of sunshine and light, so why would he think otherwise?
Of course I had to be the first one to fart in this relationship. But after living together a year neither one of us cares anymore. Let Em Rip!