Thursday, May 8, 2008

Guilty in Here

I was listening to the pod cast 3 fast, 3 furious today about guilt. And it got me thinking about something that happened in the dorm just a few days ago. The other day my friend Ashley walked from her bedroom into the living room that she shares with my friend Lark. Mysteriously about 6-7 McDonald’s cups had just appeared overnight. Ashley being bamboozled by this asked Lark how so many cups had just gotten there. And Lark spilled her guts about how she had been hiding the McDonald’s cups in her room under her bed. She did this so we wouldn’t know how often she had been splurging on fast food. Frankly none of us really cared about her love of the big mac. I’m a fan of the Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese myself, which is evident by my thunder thighs.

But the truth is I understand why she did this. One day I had gone to sonic for lunch with some friends. And later that night I had gone again on my own. By the way eating so much fast food has more to do with my hatred of cafeteria food, than my love of junk food. But just like Lark I did not want anyone to know that I had gone to sonic twice in one day. So when I was secretly scarfing done my contraband in my dorm room and I heard a knock on the door I went into survival mode. How could I possible save face? I had to think fast.

So I said, “Hold on a minute, I’m naked!” Looking back, the naked excuse probably sounded a lot crazier than going to sonic twice in one day. But you do what you gotta do. So I decided I would hide the evidence in my closet before answering the door.

The whole time Lark was talking to me, I was thinking why won’t she leave, my Coney is getting cold. And ironically I was only struck with the absurdness of these actions today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I always read my comments. But sometimes I make a mental note to go comment back on your blog, and then forget to (Even if I’m an avid read of your blog, whoops). Since I'm so bad about this, I will mostly reply to comments in my comment section, so please check back! If you have something pressing to talk to me about you can e-mail me at brittanyervin86@yahoo.com.
Britt

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design