Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Found the Light at the End of the Tunnel (and it wasn't a train)

I’m sitting in a hotel room in Flagstaff, Arizona, and I’m glad to have an internet connection because I was about to get that withdrawal twitch. This road trip has been amazing and sadly it will come to and end tomorrow after stopping to see the Grand Canyon. But I’ll go more in-depth with my trip another time. The big thing I have to say now is I GRADUATED!

Yes, I am now a member of the real world. But I have no idea what this means. Graduation was surreal, and I seriously don’t think it has sunk in yet. I have tons of pictures. But I’m going to have to walk my mom through a step by step uploading process that will surely cause me to rip out all my hair.

There were caps, gowns, and humidity that caused the, “I can’t do anything with you hair.” My mama cried and I got to be a rule breaker, I was the only one who wore white shoes instead of black. I looked like Minnie mouse and I loved every minute of it. I always follow every rule, so to me this was as bad as shooting a man in Reno, just to watch him (well you get the jist). And seriously why did I have to lead the graduation recession? I so screwed up that one. I’m surprised they didn’t take my diploma back.

The speaker told us to always use blinkers on the road and that there are no stupid questions. Even the one she was once asked, “Do black people’s breast produce chocolate milk?” Seriously? Seriously? We all rolled. She said while it was the most interesting question she had ever been asked, it was not dumb. She informed the girl there were no flavor packets in her boobs that she knew about.

At night, I consistently dream that I was signed up for a class I never knew about, and have failed at the end of the year. I literally have to check my spring schedule every morning to way lay my fears. I still wake up with the fear that I have a paper to turn in or a test to take. Maybe this is just college post traumatic stress disorder. By the way I made all A’s and B’s

But for now its time to go to bed, because I’m off to find another adventure in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on graduating.. that is awesome..

    PS. The real world is rough. go back to school. :)

    Joggingincircles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on graduating! Hope you enjoyed the Grand Canyon as much as my husband and I did -- it has a way of putting all your stuff into perspective.

    ê¿ê

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I always read my comments. But sometimes I make a mental note to go comment back on your blog, and then forget to (Even if I’m an avid read of your blog, whoops). Since I'm so bad about this, I will mostly reply to comments in my comment section, so please check back! If you have something pressing to talk to me about you can e-mail me at brittanyervin86@yahoo.com.
Britt

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design