Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Bootyful Wedding Weekend

I am home after a fabulous weekend in Atlanta. I got to spend so much with with my college girlfriends and guy friends!  Monique the kindest person I have ever met, married the guy I knew she would marry from the first time I saw them together. Her wedding was beautiful. She is from all over the world, and served South African food for dinner, plus one cake from Germany called Bienenstich Kuchen. Which because I took some German in high school, I know that means Bee Sting Cake (it's like a honey flavored pastry). OK I remember very little from German class, I only knew that because it was translated for me on the program.

The South African food was so good! One of the dishes was called Bobite, and it is pronounced Bah-Booty. So everyone kept talking about how much they loved "the booty," and at one point my mother kept saying, "I love booty!" Which was disturbing on so many levels. Monique also had a candy bar, cotton candy machine, and a box full of things to dress up in and take funny pictures. Feather boas, anybody?

The next morning we all went out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory (even the happy couple came,  though we told them they didn't need to)! The food was delicious as always, but all I really cared about is the cheesecake. My lifetime goal is to try all the cheesecake flavors there (I've had about five), but after I tried their White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake I don't even know if I care about ever trying the others. Once I took a bite, I slammed down my fork, and couldn't stop talking about how good my cheesecake was.  That cheesecake will seriously change your life.

I did so many other things than what I'm writing about here. I shopped, I road tripped, and I had sushi with my friends from high school. And I plan to tell the funny stories soon, but I just wanted to post a little bit about my trip and post some pictures.

P.S-You know what sucked about Moe's wedding? She is stupid pretty anyway, so on her wedding day she was as pretty as a person could possibly be without collapsing under the weight of their own pretty power. I hate her. Just kidding. I REALLY love her.
Guest Book "Wedding Tree"
Anna, Me, & Jana
Benson & Anna
Austin and Me



My Mother and I
Moe Coming Down the Aisle
The MUW Girls & The State Guy
Cutting the "American" Cake
Table Decorations
The Bride and Me
The Bride and Groom Dancing
Jana and I (former roomies) Playing Dress-Up
Cotton Candy!
Jana and Austin
Moe, Me, Jana, and Austin @ The Cheesecake Factory
The Happy Couple at Lunch with Us
White Chocolate Caramel Macadamia Nut Cheesecake

3 comments:

  1. Looks like such a great time! Wow, cotton candy at her wedding and a candy table? So fun. She looks like a little girl with her cotton candy-too cute. Glad you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pictures!! And I love that your Mom loves booty!! lol!! And I have to try me some life-changing cheesecake!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a fabulous wedding! And an awesome little vaca to see your people that you love :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I always read my comments. But sometimes I make a mental note to go comment back on your blog, and then forget to (Even if I’m an avid read of your blog, whoops). Since I'm so bad about this, I will mostly reply to comments in my comment section, so please check back! If you have something pressing to talk to me about you can e-mail me at brittanyervin86@yahoo.com.
Britt

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design