Sunday, January 10, 2010

10 in 2010

Its New Years Resolution time again guys! Last year I completed 7 of my goals, the three I didn't do were bake a cheesecake from scratch, fly a kite on the beach, or write a thank-you note to my high school teacher. Easy things to get done, that I just never devoted the time to doing (plus I shied away from the beach after the sting ray incident). But even though those aren't on my list this year, I still plan to do those things this year. Lets call those extra credit goals.

I will be posting a list in my side bar pretty soon so you can check on my progress towards my resolutions, and also check out my reviews on the books I'm reading.

1.Complete Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred
I've actually started the shred once before, and stopped after about Day 9 or so. I just told myself I was going to take a day break and never came back. I just completed Day 6 this time around, so I'm more than 1/5th of the way through, so it would be stupid to stop now. I'm pretty sore all over, but I can tell my endurance is better already. Plus, Adam said my arms were looking more toned the other day. I'll be really proud of myself if I finish this.

2. Clean Out The Shed
We have one small closet in our house, so when we moved we threw everything we didn't need to survive in the shed. There is also a lot of wedding gifts out there, that we can't really use till we move in a few years, and also things that need to be donated. Every time I go out there the disorganization drives me bonkers. But its a big job, that will be tackled this year (with pictures to prove it).

3. Go on Our Honeymoon
We couldn't go on our honeymoon right after the wedding, due to money and time off of work issues. But we have one planned for our first anniversary this year. We are going to Washington D.C., and I know that this isn't your typical honeymoon location. But Adam and I are the biggest history geeks ever. So it is perfect for us. We are staying in this swanky hotel in DuPont Circle, and I can't wait. This is only listed as a goal, because there are some things we have to pay for ahead of time. I need to make sure that gets done.

4. Join a Church
I haven't attended church once since I moved to California. I still pray all the time, and my relationship with God hasn't faltered. But I miss going to church and having the worship experience. I'm just so darn shy, and Adam isn't much interested in going with me. So its hard to get motivated. But I will get off my behind in 2010, and get involved.

5. Read 35 Books
Last year I read 30 books, and I felt that was a good resolution. I really enjoyed getting back into reading, after so many years of not reading due to college reading obligations. So this year I raised the goal to 35. This will definitely be hard, because I almost didn't make the goal of 30 last year, but I'm up to the challenge.

6. Become Confident in Role-Plays
I have to do one of these just about every class, it is a nerve-wracking experience, and every time I feel like I'm going to die. I slowly taught myself not to be nervous when giving oral presentations, so this year I'm going to work on raising my confidence in myself as a therapist.

7.Create a Wedding Album
I really, really need to print out all the pictures that my friends and family took at the wedding, and put them in a scrapbook. Not only does it really need to get done, this will go a long way in helping me get over my dad's bad behavior.

8. Lose 30 lbs
Last year, I lost 35 lbs and was able to keep it off. This was awesome, and I was even able to stop taking my blood pressure medicine. I have kind of plateaued since then, not losing or gaining anything (But not really trying either). I feel like 30lbs a year is a really sensible goal, and will go a long way in getting me healthier.

9. Write more Legibly
I write terribly, I'm always having to rewrite numbers and words from my students, and I find it kind of embarrassing. My little "A's" look like little "E's", so people are always misspelling my name by looking at my own signature. Lets not talk about how I had to go to the courthouse twice in one hour, because they spelled my name wrong on my marriage certificate. I tried to convince everyone that it didn't matter, that we could keep it that way, but apparently it really, really does matter. LOL So I just have to slow down my writing, and pay attention to what I'm doing.

10. Stop Binge Eating when I'm Sad
This is another goal that just deals with living a healthier lifestyle. I've always been one to binge eat when I'm sad or bored. I eat pretty sensibly usually, and then I have a bad day, and I just pack away the food. Its a bad habit I picked up from my teenage days, when I was fighting depression, and it is how I got fat. I still do it, and sometimes I will throw away an entire day of healthy eating because I ate a cookie and then decide to binge. But no more, my emotions will no longer rule my eating habits.

1 comment:

  1. That is an impressive list. I wish you luck in total completion!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I always read my comments. But sometimes I make a mental note to go comment back on your blog, and then forget to (Even if I’m an avid read of your blog, whoops). Since I'm so bad about this, I will mostly reply to comments in my comment section, so please check back! If you have something pressing to talk to me about you can e-mail me at brittanyervin86@yahoo.com.
Britt

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design