Sunday, November 15, 2009

London Love

I recently discovered this video from Kottke.org (one of my favorite sites). It is scenes filmed in London in 1927 (in color)! I find this video absolutely enchanting. Some of the sights filmed are London Bridge & Tower, Kensington Gardens, River Thames, St. James Palace, and White Hall. I realize life had its own unique challenges in the 20's, but it just appears to be such a simpler and more peaceful time. Make sure you check out Petticoat Lane starting around the 6 minute mark. I love watching the crowd of men all in the same hats! Also did you know they had double deckers back then?


1 comment:

  1. The video is amazing. What a wonderful way to go back in time!! I thought the girl bagging the peanuts was too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I always read my comments. But sometimes I make a mental note to go comment back on your blog, and then forget to (Even if I’m an avid read of your blog, whoops). Since I'm so bad about this, I will mostly reply to comments in my comment section, so please check back! If you have something pressing to talk to me about you can e-mail me at brittanyervin86@yahoo.com.
Britt

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design