Sunday, November 8, 2009

Geeking Out

I'm a 100% certified geek, and I love it. So I decided to put together a list of totally geeky/silly/serves no purpose stuff I want.
1. Freudian Slippers
Freudian Slippers! Get it? Get it? Like a Freudian Slip. OK so these warm the cackles of my cold, dark psychology majoring heart. I feel like I would be the envy of everyone in my class, if I wore these. I'm not even kidding. We are that geeky about psychology.

2. Pet Catuses (Cacti if you are an English stickler)
Aren't these little catuses adorable? Finally a plant I can't kill! But better than that, I figured I could turn these into necklaces, and give Adam the blue one and me the pink one. We would wear them around our necks as a symbol of our undying love. It would be just like the whole Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thorton thing, but less creepy. Do you guys remember when Angelina was really crazy? Pre-Brad Pitt?
3. Plush Sushi!
You have no idea how in love with these I am! I want them all! Not just because I love Sushi, but because they are so cute! Who wouldn't want to cuddle up with a little Wasabi plushie? That would be hot (Ha!). I think I should make Adam buy me this, to make up for the fact that he won't ever take me out to eat sushi.
4. Grow Your Own Mario 1Up Mushroom
So Mario Brothers was a pivotal part of my childhood. I love the idea of getting this little pot, scooping up some soil from outside, and then pretending to grow a classic 1up mushroom. Plus it would look really cute just sitting on my desk. 5. Owl USB Port
This little guy sits on your lap top or on his own personal stump. He has three different moods, "Mellow, Active, or Sleeping." I just think he would keep me smiling when I'm working on those grueling papers. Maybe he could give me some sage advice from time to time. Or he could just sit there and look cute.
I found the slippers at UncommonGoods.com and the other stuff at ThinkGeek.com.

1 comment:

  1. I want the owl!! I checked out the site, thinkgeek.com.....some of the stuff ~ too funny! I can't believe you didn't add the "eviltron" to the list. Or the Zombie dolls.....Mwahahaha! Hmmm, perhaps I'm a bit of a geek too, I was having too much fun checking out the site!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I always read my comments. But sometimes I make a mental note to go comment back on your blog, and then forget to (Even if I’m an avid read of your blog, whoops). Since I'm so bad about this, I will mostly reply to comments in my comment section, so please check back! If you have something pressing to talk to me about you can e-mail me at brittanyervin86@yahoo.com.
Britt

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design