Friday, March 21, 2008

Roam Around the World

In just a few hours I will be boarding a plane in Atlanta, to take us all the way to Tel Aviv. To say I’m excited is too much of an understatement. So excited I can hardly sit still to write this blog is more like it. I packed so thoroughly that I have nothing to do today.

Israel is such a special place. Such an important place to three of the World’s main religions. To me this is the where Jesus lived, walked, died, and rose again. This alone to me is overwhelming.

I’ve always had faith, but seeing the places he actually walked is indescribable. I don’t know how I’ll feel as we go through the Stations of the Cross or stand outside the Wailing Wall. I could never have imagined that as I sat all those Sundays in church that I would see these sites mentioned in the Bible.

Little old me going to the Middle East, who would have believed it? I’m not really nervous, although people around me are. Adam is really worried, almost to the point that I think this will be a really hard week for him. He just feels like I’m going so far away, to a semi-dangerous place, right after we made the choice to be together forever. But I told him this won’t turn into some bad chick flick or drama. More like a foreign film like Amelie, but instead of a gnome I will carry around my polar bear figurine.

But I have faith, peace, and calm about this trip. And I know this is a total blessing and I will treat it as such. But prayers and good thoughts are much appreciated. The only thing that worries me is that I’m not flying back with the group. I leave after everyone else and I do have a fear of being stranded in Tel Aviv, but I know that won’t happen.

So once again I’m leaving on a jet plane, to an entirely different world than the one I’m leaving behind. See you when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I always read my comments. But sometimes I make a mental note to go comment back on your blog, and then forget to (Even if I’m an avid read of your blog, whoops). Since I'm so bad about this, I will mostly reply to comments in my comment section, so please check back! If you have something pressing to talk to me about you can e-mail me at brittanyervin86@yahoo.com.
Britt

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design