Thursday, November 19, 2009

SuperGoddess's Playlist Volume 4: Holiday Fun


Standalone player

It has been a really long time since I posted a play list, and the truth is I'm super busy this week, and am really struggling to keep up with NaPoBloMo. So I thought with Christmas right around the corner, it would be fun to share some of my favorite Christmas Carols. And believe me I love Christmas Carols.
I love almost every version of Baby It's Cold Outside. But I have always loved Zooey Deschannel's folksy, earthy voice, so this is probably my favorite version of the song. Christmas Wrappings by The Waitresses is a really fun, off beat Christmas Carol. I picked this song for this playlist because of the lyrics, "Bah, humbug!" No, that's too strong 'Cause it is my favorite holiday, But all this year's been a busy blur, Don't think I have the energy,To add to my already mad rush, Just 'cause it's 'tis the season." Is anybody else feeling that way this year?
All Alone for Christmas is a song that is on the Home Alone Christmas Soundtrack that I own. It has always been my favorite song on the soundtrack, because of the lyrics and upbeat tempo. And really nobody ought to be alone on Christmas. Also, I think any Christmas playlist would be incomplete if it didn't include All I Want for Christmas is You from that adorable girl from the movie Love Actually. When I was a child I was just as obsessive as I am now, and I used to drive my mother nuts asking her to replay Come on and Ring Those Bells over and over again. So listening to this song, always makes me really nostalgic about my childhood Christmases.
My all time-favorite Christmas Carol hands down is Carol of the Bells. I love the lyrics, I love how easily they flow. And no one does that song better than the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. A few years ago my grandmother told me that when she was in her 20's, she had moved to Chicago. So one Christmas she saved up all her money to go home , and took the whole trip down sitting on the floor of a passenger train. She said that the song I'll be Home for Christmas came on, and touched her so much, she teared up. So everytime I hear this song, I think about my grandmother.
When my nieces were itty bitty, they thought Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer was the funniest song ever. So when I hear that song, I am right there with my nieces, when they were just a little bigger than babies giggling and giggling. They were so precious. I chose Santa Baby because I love that it is a "sexy" Christmas Carol. Finally, What Child is This? has always been my favorite Christian Christmas Carol. I love that is has the same melody of Greensleeves.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you.......this year has been pretty much of a blur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE that version of "Baby, it's cold outside", it's from Elf isn't it? LOVE LOVE LOVE that version! I like your playlist a LOT girlie! Might have to keep this one on save ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I always read my comments. But sometimes I make a mental note to go comment back on your blog, and then forget to (Even if I’m an avid read of your blog, whoops). Since I'm so bad about this, I will mostly reply to comments in my comment section, so please check back! If you have something pressing to talk to me about you can e-mail me at brittanyervin86@yahoo.com.
Britt

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design